Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trust Indian men to show their class!!

Picture this, US city, the hustle bustle of a post work day crowd returning home. I was standing at a crossing waiting for the light to turn green, when a taxi came and stopped next to me. A sardarji was driving it. Really, really old, santa-claus-esque beard, must be 70 plus. He caught me off-guard, as even though there is no dearth of Indian/Paki drivers in the US, in this particular part of the country I am used to seeing only affluent Indians. I was lost in my thoughts and suddenly that MOTHERFUCKER made an obscene kiss gesture....

Instant disgust, loathing and anger...I should have reacted in some other way, but I just walked on.

I should have...

I have been in the US for long time now, there have been sporadic catcall incidents, but thankfully nothing beyond that...

Trust Indian men to leave thier villages/cities/country and family behind....but never their crassness, their inherent uncouth animal mentality!!

And trust Indian women to behave like I did...Do nothing then like a dumb fuck and keep regretting later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Rishi said...

...And trust Indian bloggers to generalize about everything...